Goals of Metallurgy Europe
- to lay the technical foundation for the design and discovery of next-generation alloys, compounds and composites that can be processed into higher-performance metallic components for industrial end-users
- to establish new high-tech start-ups and pilot-scale factories in Europe
- to develop a talent pipeline of well-trained post-docs, PhDs, masters students, apprentices and school children, who will eventually be part of the much-needed metallurgy workforce of Europe
- to create 100,000 jobs within a decade, comprising both manufacturing and adjacent service jobs
- to develop 1000 patents in order to secure European independence in metallurgy, as well as the protection of crucial intellectual property for new materials and processes;
- to make a positive contribution to Europe’s GDP and societal wellbeing.